What Is Home Staging?Oct 04, 2022
What is home staging?
Selling a house is not as easy as one might assume, there are a lot of details and factors that decide the overall price of the home. This is where home staging comes and helps the home to get the true value in the real estate market. To get top dollar from selling a house requires a lot of work. One of the most effective ways to raise the overall value of a house is by switching to home staging. The term might sound new to some people, but it has been used for a long time to boost the value of the home in the real estate market. Having a better understanding of the market is useful before you sell your home.
A family clearing the clutter from their house
In simpler terms, home staging refers to preparing the house to get potential buyers. Home staging makes the place better as it goes through redecorating, rearranging, and proper cleaning to make the house look cleaner and visually impressive. The end goal of every home staging process is to make the house look more appealing than before. It has to appeal to the potential consumer, and consumers nowadays are full of expectations.
The options in the market make the people switch to a different platform if they don’t find anything satisfactory out of the current one. The principle still holds true in real estate as well. If the home doesn’t look good or decent people would just simply move on to another house in the block or the one that meets all their criteria. This is why home staging is one of the most essential elements to fix an old house and make it look much better for the market.
How does it benefit the house owner?
Home staging also uses the current popular trend in the market and utilizes it in the staging process. The popular trend is popular for a reason, the trend garners huge attention and eyes from the people. Implementing the trend in the home staging process will do plenty of wonders for the value of the property. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that you will get with the home staging process.
- It makes buyers interested in the prototypes.
- Removes all the things that show the negatives of the house. Buyers won’t be interested in the personal belonging of the owner as it will turn off the buyer’s interest in the property.
- It makes the house feel comfortable for a new breath of air. So the potential buyer can think of moving into the house without feeling any pushback. Nearly 77% of buyers prefer a clean house so they will visualize better their future home than a stuffed one.
- Staging also helps the home look as if it is ready to go. The buyer will have a different vision of a house that has been through staging than the house that didn’t. The staging process makes the house appear more friendly to the buyers. As it will give the buyer the impression of a finished project.
- And last, the most important aspect of home staging is the final stage when the house goes on sale. It is much easier for the market to sell a staging home than without one. Photos of houses that have gone through home staging have different looks that immediately grab the attention of buyers than a house that is just one sale without any work done to make it look a bit more interesting.
- The new age of social media requires a fresh new property to catch the eyes of interesting buyers. Home staging does exactly that to the house.
These are the way homes tagging benefits the house and boost interest in people who are interested in buying a property. The goal of home staging makes the ceiling chance of the house higher, so it leaves a much better impression on the potential buyer.
Can you do it yourself?
You can decide to take on the home staging process by yourself, if you are confident in your abilities and work ethics, then you can do the entire staging process without hiring any professional stagers. Here you will have to add everything manually, work such as repainting, rearranging the furniture, new additions, and removing personal decore or photos will improve the home appearance by thousands.
If you are not confident in your abilities, then you can hire a professional stager to look after the staging process of the house. They will have vast experience in the field to make the house look much better and synced to the tone of the modern age.
The Cost of Home Staging
The overall cost of making these changes will come somewhere in between $500 – $1000. The cost will not be the same for everyone. The size, location, price of the home, and the quality of staging services will raise the overall cost of staging rather than lower it. Costs such as –
- Storage Units
- New furniture
- New decor
- Floral Arrangements
- Cleaning supplies
These will be a necessary part of the staging process. The overall cost of the home staging will be dependent on these aspects. You don’t necessarily have to get all new things, some second-hand shops will have access to almost all new products which will make the home look much more appealing without breaking the bank. New furniture and decor will have an expensive price tag to them depending on what kind of quality you are looking for. If you are unsure about getting new stuff for the home, then switching to second-hand shops is a great way to tackle these issues without going over budget.
It is rather easy to sell your home in the market without ever seeing the profit margin. In the real estate market, it is the look of the house that counts. If you never pay any sort of attention to the look of the house, it is easy to miss the money the house could’ve made from some refinishing jobs. Home staging offers the solution to restore the house to its former glory, so it will gather interest from potential buyers without letting them move to another.
If you are interesting in becoming a home stager, make sure to check out our blog on how to become a home stager.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.